Who Are We?
Founded in 2013, Yozu is a rapidly expanding team of designers, developers and engineers that help SMEs and larger blue-chip corporations around the UK and abroad to better leverage technology within their business. We work closely with our clients to deliver solutions that help to transform their business, and take pride (and have fun!) coding solutions to interesting problems.
We take a mature approach to agile software development; we automate where possible, we’re agile where and when it matters, we work collaboratively with our clients, and we ship often and early.
Technologies and platforms, we utilise include: Rails 5, ES6, React, Spring Boot, CI via tools like CodeClimate and Bitbucket Pipelines, JIRA, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, AWS, Git and so on
We are looking for an enthusiastic and gifted individual with a passion for managing large-scale web infrastructures. The successful candidate will help lead our transition to ‘Infrastructure as Code’. You should have experience of managing cloud-based services, be familiar with modern web app and microservice architectures, and have experience of tools like Docker and Ansible. You should have experience of diagnosing and triaging issues with servers and services.
You will benefit from exposure to the latest cutting-edge technologies, and will have the opportunity to see your work used in live production environments for some of the largest companies in the UK.
You will continually improve on your existing skills as you benefit from working with other like-minded individuals who are keen to share their wealth of industry experience and knowledge with you.
- Help manage our expanding web estate
- Help scale client deployments as their projects grow and implementing fault tolerant architectures
- Work with the rest of the team to improve the development and CI workflow and implement best practices across the lifecycle of our projects
- Produce supporting documentation and automation tools so that the rest of the team can grow successfully
- System performance monitoring, issue troubleshooting, and problem diagnosis
- Provide third-line support for the infrastructure that supports our products, platforms and projects
Required Skills and Experience
- Ansible and AWX – We use Ansible to manage our deployments and automate infrastructure configuration
- Managing CI/CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge of Linux server administration
- The ability to research new tools, assess them for suitability, and report those findings to the rest of team
- An automation first mindset when it comes to solving problems
- Mentoring the team on DevOps processes and sharing your knowledge
- Experience with GitLab
- Previous experience with Google Cloud and Digital Ocean would be an advantage
- Using Kubernetes to scale deployments
- Be familiar with managing microservice architectures
- Friendly, relaxed and creative work environment
- Supportive leadership that is keen to see you progress in your career and personal development
- Exposure to a wide range of cutting-edge technologies
- Work with other like-minded, enthusiastic team members
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Friendly and approachable team and mentors
- On-the-job mentoring and continual training
- A well-stocked kitchen full of snacks and drinks, Jura Coffee Machine, team lunch every Wednesday, and regular paid team nights out
How To Apply
Please email your CV along with links to any supporting materials to email@example.com.
In addition to your CV, you could help your application if you include relevant links such as:
- Any examples of Ansible Playbooks, personal dotfiles configuration, or Docker images published on https://hub.docker.com that you think would help support your application
- If you’ve blogged on the topic, given a talk at a meetup, or have examples of documentation you’ve produce we’d love to see those too.